I am back by popular (?) demand! I have had a few requests for me to start blogging again, and alas, I have succumb to the peer pressure.
And also, no. I am not linguistically challenged. I was not trying to spell wait. WIAT is What I Ate Thursday. I know the trend is to to What I ate WEDNESDAY, but by the time I had gotten the request for what I had eaten, it was already late Wednesday night. I suppose, if you must, you can pretend that this is what I ate on Wednesday.
I started my day, as I do with every day, with a work out. I did some skipping (steady state cardio) and some weight lifting. Then, I had this;
Next It was this;
I then did some work, did some reading, and it was time for meal #2;
Then, I did more work, did my first Reiki lesson (!!), went with My Love to the market. Then it was time for meal #3
Bananas and 2 large dragon fruit. I love dragon fruit because I feel that they sooth my digestion. I ate about 5 cups worth of baby bananas there. They are so sweet and delicious. I love them!
For my last meal I turned this;
I drink green juice, and eat the pulp every.single.night. I love it, it has healed my digestion from many things, and it is my most favourite way to get my greens.
Now, for some FAQ;
1) Do I always eat mono meals? – No, I eat them when I can. This is actually a pretty typical day for me. I eat some mono meals, and some mixed meals. Whatever is around, looks good and tastes good.
2) Do I count my calories? - Yes I do. I keep track to make sure that I am getting enough. I aim for a minimum of about 2000 cals a day, more if I am hungry for it.
3) How many times do I eat a day? – I have three fruit meals, one juice a day.
4) Do I ever juice fast/cleanse? – No. I like to eat. Also, my body is not really all that fond of fasting. I think it reminds my body to much of a famine.
5) Do I not eat any nuts/seeds/over fats? – I do eat overt fats, once a week. I eat durian 99.999% of the time as my fat source. This is because I LOVE durian, more than I love avocado or nuts or seeds. So that is what I eat.
6) Are you 80/10/10? - Yes. I have been for about 5 years in total, but doing it properly (ie.eating enough calories) for about 2
7)How long have you been raw? – 7 years, save a six month cooked vegan phase about 5 years ago, which was HORRIBLE. I got all my stomach aches back (which I used to have all my life before I went raw), I had break outs, was greasy, smelly and just over all un-happy. 100% raw works for me.
8) Do you ever crave cooked foods? - No. I make sure to get enough calories from fruit, so I never crave anything else. I would say that the only things that I ever crave are green juice and durian.
9) Do you work out? – Yes. I work out every day. I do high intensity interval training, steady state cardio, weight lifting and yoga. This way I feel I am covering all my fitness bases.
10) Do you eat other veggies like carrots, beets, celery ect? – From time to time. If I am out and the only thing on the menu to eat is a salad, I will eat a salad. I just really prefer to eat fruit. I feel my best eating this way.
11) Do you take supplements? – Yes. I take vitamin b12 once a week, and a vitamin K2 every day. These are the only two nutrients that I feel are not really adequately available in a raw, vegan diet. So I take them.
Any other questions for me? Leave them in the comments and I will do my best to get you an answer!